Sign In

Transfer Students

​​​Apply online today.

​​​​​Application for admission may be obtained online or directly from the Offices of Admission in the Howard Building. Jacksonville University encourages applications from students who have attended regionally accredited colleges and universities. To be considered for admission as a transfer student, the student must have completed the equivalent of at least two (2) semesters (24 semester credit hours) of academic work following graduation from high school. Students who are concurrently enrolled in high school and college are not considered to be transfer students.

Graduates of a regionally-accredited community college or university who earned an Associate of Arts (AA) degree or Baccalaureate degree (in the case of a second-degree seeking student) should contact the JU Office of Admission for details about the transfer of college credit. In most cases, a regionally-accredited AA or Baccalaureate curriculum satisfies JU’s general education, or core curriculum, requirements.

Transfer applicants must submit to the Office of Admission:

  • A completed application.
  • A $30 nonrefundable application fee.
  • Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, regardless of grade point average earned or number of credits completed.
  • Official high school transcripts will be required if transfer credits are less than 24 semester hours.
  • Additionally, for prospective fine-arts majors, arts students must undergo a portfolio review.  Dance and music students must audition. Information on these programs may be found under the appropriate department in the College of Fine Arts section of this Catalog.

Concealment of previous course work completed at a college or university, whether intentional or not, is cause for cancellation of admission and registration.

Applications must be returned to:
Office of Admission, Jacksonville University
2800 University Boulevard North
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-3396

Transfer of Credits

  • Academic courses completed at institutions which are approved by a regional accrediting agency are acceptable in transfer provided they are comparable to courses offered at JU and were completed with a grade of “C” (2.0) or better. Classes with a grade earned of “C-” with quality points of fewer than 2.0 are not accepted for transfer credit.
  • Grades recorded as “P” for Pass, “CR” for Credit, etc., will be transferred only if the previous institution’s registrar provides verification that the work was completed with a “C” (2.0) or better grade. A “P” grade will be accepted for transfer for Physical Education Activity classes. Students desiring transfer credit for courses completed at another institution may be required to provide a copy of the catalog from that institution so that an evaluation of transfer credit may be made. Transfer credit for nursing courses counted toward BSN major requirements must be approved by nursing faculty.
  • Credit may be granted for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Aviation certificates if the holder is enrolled in one of the aviation programs. Occupational/vocational college-level courses are not generally accepted as transfer credit at Jacksonville University.
  • Any work transferred to Jacksonville University will be entered on the JU transcript as hours earned only and will not be used in computation of the grade point average.
  • A maximum of 60 semester hours or 95 quarter hours of transfer credit will be accepted from community college
  • The final 30 semester hours toward a bachelor’s degree must be completed at Jacksonville University.

When an undergraduate student applies for admission and submits official transcripts, they are evaluated for transferability to Jacksonville University. Each graduate program director evaluates transfer credit for students in their program. If admission applicants have a question concerning transfer credit, they should contact the Admission Office at (904) 256-7000.

Limited or provisional credit also may be accepted from specialized or special purpose institutions, including the United States Armed Services, provided the work is applicable to JU undergraduate degree programs and is recommended in appropriate publications of the American Council on Education.

For further information, see “Credit for Military Service” below in this section