Home > Human Resources > PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL PROGRAM
Jacksonville University's Performance Appraisal Program provides a basis for assessing individual performance, rewarding achievement, and motivating individual effort. All evaluations are completed annually, generally during the summer months (June to August).
All departments should begin preparing for and conducting the appraisal process for the 2012-13 fiscal year. Performance reviews should be completed (for each employee whose employment date is prior to June 1st) in accordance with the instruction provided below, routed for approvals, and submitted to the Office of Human Resources no later than August 15th.
- It is the responsibility of each supervisor to conduct these required Performance Appraisals.
- Please review the Performance Appraisal Interview Guide and the Performance Review Factors before beginning this process.
- Attach a signed, updated Job Description, whenever an employee has changed their work responsibilities or a new position, and send an electronic copy of each position to Human Resources.
- Additional links to assist you in completing any needed position descriptions:
Position Description Guide and Position Description Sample
- If you need a list of your employees who should receive a Performance Appraisal, please contact the Human Resources Office, firstname.lastname@example.org (7025).
- Complete one PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL FORM for each employee. Although an employee may seem to fit several category rating descriptions, when you come to the overall rating, you must select only ONE final rating.
As a manager/supervisor, if this is your first experience with our performance appraisal program and you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Human Resources. We will be happy to meet with you and address any questions you may have.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL PRESENTATION