Description of Essential Job Duties:
· Develop programs and services to engage alumni with the University.
· Provide leadership and strategic direction for alumni programming, events, and volunteer support.
· Plan and implement major alumni events; including Homecoming and WAG Weekend.
· Solicit, as appropriate, annual and special contributions from alumni.
· Establish a comprehensive class reunion program.
· Work collaboratively with University Advancement, Student Life, Marketing & Communications and, other administrative offices, and with University faculty.
· Facilitate recognition of alumni achievements and milestones.
· Develop and oversee a strategic plan for alumni activities, in cooperation with the Chief Strategic Relations Officer and the Alumni Association.
· Administrative responsibilities including supervising office staff, managing the alumni budget, and preparing annual reports of progress.
· Facilitate communication between the University and alumni through electronic contact, telephone, written materials, and personal visits.
· Develop alumni affinity groups targeted to groups such as Fraternities/Sororities.
· Track and report contacts to the University
· Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
· Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
· Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
· Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.