JU Cheerleading Tryout Information
Saturday, August 30, 2014- Swisher Gym (JU Campus)
9:00-11:00am- Mandatory Clinic
- All tryout material will be taught at the clinic.
- Please wear JU school colors (white, green & gold).
- Clinic Attire: T-Shirt, Sports Bra, Shorts and Cheer Shoes. No Jewelry
- Tryout Attire: Sports Bra, Shorts and Cheer Shoes. No Jewelry
- Medical forms must be submitted before August 25th in order to participate.
This tryout is for and requires:
*Returning JU students and incoming freshman.
*A sports medical physical and all JU sports medicine paperwork are required for all students participating at the tryout clinic and tryouts. Please print and fill out the required paperwork from the link below. You must turn in the completed medical forms no Later than August 25th in order to participate.
JU Cheerleading Tryout Medical Forms
Mail the forms to:
2800 University Blvd. North
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Attn: Athletics, Sports Medicine
All tryout material will be taught at the mandatory tryout clinic. Students will learn and perform the following:
Fight Song Dance
Toe Touch Jump
Stunts (stunts are judged based on skill level).
Tumbling is not required, but preferred.
• Cheer for all home football and men/women basketball games. (Football games are played on campus/Basketball games are played at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena)
• Travel with the teams for tournaments.
• Weight training twice a week with a professional strength and conditioning coach.
• Practices are held twice a week off campus at a cheerleading gym.
• Scholarships available after one full season with the team.
*Due to the demands of the football and basketball schedules, the JU cheerleading team does not compete.