TEACHER CERTIFICATION PREPARATION (TCP)
The School of Education offers an alternative certification pathway which meets the requirements of the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) for Alternative Certification route. The Alternative Teacher Certification Preparation (TCP) courses are suitable for students with a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution seeking to teach in the State of Florida. Each of the five courses incorporate the SOE’s connected-learning approach to education through supportive faculty-teacher relationships and the curriculum is based on current practice and research.
Apply online today.
Applications for Alternative Teacher Certification Preparation (TCP) are accepted on a continuous basis. This is a non-degree program and was designed for persons who want to transition to teaching K-12. A candidate may take any portion or all five (5) of the courses offered, as needed. Required documentation in support of Alternative Teacher Certification Preparation application includes:
- A completed graduate admission application.
- A bachelor’s degree with an overall subject area GPA of 2.00 earned from a regionally accredited institution.
- A $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- In addition to the program admission requirements, all international student applicants must also meet the JU Admissions requirements as outlined under "International Students."
- All applications and transcripts of undergraduate as well as graduate work must be on file in the Office of Admission prior to initial registration.
All applications materials should be mailed to:
- Adult and Graduate Admission
Howard Building - 2nd Floor
2800 University Boulevard North
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-3394
Veterans Application - Jacksonville University welcomes applications from veterans to the TCP program.