Apply online today.
Possession of a U. S. or Canadian DMD/DDS or equivalent is an absolute prerequisite prior to matriculation.
At the present time, Jacksonville University does not participate in the National Dental Matching Program; however, prospective applicants are urged to check JU’s participation status for the year they are making application to the program. The program does participate in PASS.
Applications for the orthodontics program will be accepted at the beginning of April preceding the expected year of matriculation. The completed application will be evaluated only after all materials have been received. This is a self-directed application and it is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure the application is complete.
Required documentation in support of the orthodontics program application includes:
- A DMD/DDS degree or equivalent from a dental school accredited by the American Dental Association.
- Transcripts of undergraduate and dental school academic work.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- A one-page typed autobiographical sketch including career goals and statement of purpose.
- Scores of all available National Board Examination, if available.
- Foreign students must provide recent TOEFL scores and a U.S. dental degree or equivalent.
- A small (2 x 2 or 3 x 5) recent personal photograph.
- A non-refundable $100 application fee.
- GRE scores are not required at this time.
All application materials should be mailed to:
- School of Orthodontics
2800 University Boulevard North
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-3394