Jacksonville University is approved for the education and training of veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces and eligible dependents and/or survivors under current public laws. Students who may be eligible for educational benefits under any Veterans Administration program should contact the Regional Office well in advance of the date of his or her intended enrollment at JU.
  • Regional Office
    Department of Veterans Affairs
    P.O. Box 100022
    Decatur GA, 30031-7022

    Telephone 1.888.442.4551

Veterans should file the Application For VA Education Benefits Form (VA Form 22-1990), to apply for Active Duty and Veterans benefits. Veterans should file the Application for Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Form (VA Form 22-5490) to apply for Dependents’ Educational Assistance benefits. Veterans should file the Disabled Veteran’s Application for Vocational Rehabilitation Form (VA Form 28-1900) to apply for Vocational Rehabilitation benefits. 

These forms are available at the VA Website http://www.gibill.va.gov/Veterans and/or eligible dependents/survivors may also obtain information packets with all required forms from the Registrar’s Office.

Students who have received educational benefits at another institution must file the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Form (VA Form 22-1995), or the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance Form (VA Form 22-5495), with the VA in order to receive benefits at JU. The VA determines the amount and duration of benefits. JU certifies attendance according to University rules and regulations. Once a veteran is certified, and as long as his/her enrollment is continuous (excluding summer semester), certification is automatic and need not be requested each term.

Attendance Policy 

In order to remain eligible for benefits, veterans must maintain the same satisfactory progress required of all JU students. See "Standards of Progress" below.        

Veterans also must meet the guidelines required by the Veterans Administration. Each veteran must be familiar with JU academic action policies and should consult the Registrar’s Office certification personnel about requirements for VA certification and benefits.

Jacksonville University maintains a cumulative record for each student that includes all final grades of all courses taken and withdrawals from a course or courses. The University records the previous education and training of veterans that may apply toward JU degree requirements and may exempt the veteran from certain requirements.

All courses and grades are used in computing GPAs. Any change in status of enrollment is reported to the Veterans Administration.


Undergraduate Standard

Graduate Standard -
A veteran/eligible person who has not maintained satisfactory progress (CGPA of 3.0 or better) at the end of the semester/session will be placed on probation for the next two semester/ sessions. If the VA student has not attained satisfactory progress at the end of the probationary period, the student’s VA educational benefits will be terminated for unsatisfactory progress, and the VA will be so notified.

A VA student whose educational benefits have been terminated for unsatisfactory progress may petition the school to be recertified for veterans’ benefits after one semester/session has elapsed. The school may recertify the student for veterans’ benefits ONLY if there is a reasonable likelihood that the student will be able to attain and maintain satisfactory progress for the remainder of the program.​