Fitness Center Hours
Monday through Friday:
7:00AM to 11:00PM
Saturday & Sunday:
10:00AM to 11:00PM
Fitness Center Rules
- Valid ID Card must be presented to exercise.
- Participants exercise at own risk.
- Appropriate attire is required: shirts, shorts or sweats, and athletic shoes must be worn (no sandals, heels, or barefoot).
- No food or beverage allowed (except from the vending machine or bottled water).
- Personal items (i.e. books, knapsacks, clothing) must be stored in a locker. Nothing can be on the exercise floor. No overnight lockers.
- Personal radios may only be used with headphones.
- Do not drop or slam weights on machines or floor.
- Wipe off machines after each work-out (towels not provided).
- Participants must use collars on all Olympic and curl bars.
- There is a 20-minute limit on all cardiovascular machines when there is a waitlist.
- Report any injury, broken or damaged equipment.
- Equipment cannot leave the Fitness Center.
- The only guests permitted are immediate family members of current faculty and staff.
- Users of the Billie Nimnicht Jr. Fitness Center must be 16 years of age or older and if under 18, must be accompanied by an adult (unless they are an enrolled JU student).
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, and roller blades are not permitted in the building.
- Davis Student Commons staff will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Florida laws and Jacksonville University policies regarding illegal substances will be strictly enforced.
- All Davis Student Commons users are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety-conscious at all times. Users who disregard this policy will be asked to leave the facility and may be suspended from use of the Student Commons.