Home > JU Public Policy Institute > Why JU PPI?
The JU MPP experience is personal, substantive and transformational.
10 reasons to choose JU PPI:
- Classes - Small classes and exceptional faculty.
- Curriculum and Employment – Focus on academic knowledge and skills, real world experience and diverse employment and career opportunities.
- Internship Program - Provides internships in federal, state and local government; private industry; non-profits; multi-billion dollar public entities.
- Capstone Public Policy Project - Gives JU MPP students experience with real world clients on public policy issues.
- JU Public Policy Journal - Student-run publication with opportunity for student publication and service on the editorial board.
- Dual Degree Program – Program includes MPP degree and law (JD), business (MBA) and marine science (MSC-MA/MS).
- Community Partners and Board – 10 CEOs and industry leaders in finance, healthcare, transportation, international trade, K to 12 education, higher education, transportation, economic development, and other policy areas support JU MPP students and program.
- Florida – With 19 million people, a $70 billion budget, and diverse population, and a dynamic ever changing state, Florida is at the forefront of real world public policy issues and policymaking, including healthcare, immigration, economic development, transportation, energy, infrastructure, education, international trade, and other significant policy issues.
- Jacksonville – Beyond its ocean, river, year round warm weather climate, and quality of life, Jacksonville’s consolidated government is the only one in Florida, one of the best forms of local government in the country, and provides unique public policy learning opportunities for MPP students.
- Jacksonville University – Last, but clearly first, is Jacksonville University. JU is a small, private, independent, comprehensive, liberal arts University on the St. Johns River in North Florida and provides a rare combination of personal attention, small classes, academic excellent, diverse curriculum, real world public policy experience and career opportunities, and a Florida quality of life.