You and JU: Love the Student Life
What's going on beyond the books at JU? Plenty! At JU you'll find a friendly, fun atmosphere surrounding a vibrant, energetic student life.
The JU Community
Our campus community is so tight-knit that Florida Leader magazine ranked us third among all private institutions in the state for "positive student life experience."
Why get involved? Well, it's fun. Plus you'll make friends, gain leadership and teamwork skills, build your résumé, and network with faculty and staff—all while energizing your school spirit!
Get in the Club
College is all about trying new things, branching out and discovering what you love to do. For that we've got more than 100
of every kind:
- Academic clubs and professional groups
- Community service organizations
- Multicultural, musical and performing arts groups
- Campus ministry
- Political and social action groups
- Student newspaper and literary magazine
- Dolphin Radio and The Dolphin Channel
- Special interest groups
Get in the Game
We're famous for our warm, sunny weather and beautiful riverfront location, which make JU the perfect spot for sailing, one of our most popular and competitive club sports. In intramural action, we offer volleyball, soccer, golf, wrestling, Ultimate Frisbee and more—just come out and play!
When you're a full-fledged Jacksonville Dolphin, you'll want to make the most of it. We make it easy by offering so many things to do on campus:
- Dance and theatre
- Comedy shows and rock concerts
- Jazz ensemble, classical music and show choirs
- Lecture series
- Art exhibitions
- Video games in the Buccaneer Game Room
- Weekend movies, complete with popcorn and candy, in the
Davis Student Commons
- Leadership training classes and workshops
- Working out at the Fitness Center or swimming laps at the Wurn Pool
- Cheering for one of our 18
Division I athletic teams
Not to mention Homecoming in the fall and Fin Fest in the spring—both epic! The best part is we make it super easy to
sign up for campus events
JU is home to a jumping
, with chapters of five fraternities and seven sororities. By going Greek you'll have a built-in support group, take a leadership role on campus and give back through community service. Plus, Greek Week in the spring is a major campus highlight.